Beloved by families, funeral directors and the community.
A Special Section for Obituaries
Seamlessly create and upsell special sections for obituaries using content that is already stored in the AdPortal Obituaries platform (available to non-AdPortal customers as well – see Legacy.com’s press release about AdPortal Tributes). For a nominal fee the family receives a memorial tribute listing in a multi-page insert of the newspaper. Publish monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually to generate substantial incremental revenue. AdPortal Tributes paginates each market’s special obituaries section as a print-ready multi-page PDF or native Adobe InDesign file.
Now available to Memoriams customers
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Available in traditional broadsheet and tab layouts using your editorial fonts and styling
- Custom sizes/styles are also supported – a Tributes magazine layout is produced for The Washington Post using AdPortal Tribute
- Publish frequency is determined by each newspaper – monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually
- Tributes is an upsell bundled with the paid obituary
- Display advertising can be added to the layouts for additional incremental revenue
- Print-ready pages are paginated in AdPortal Tributes and delivered directly to the publisher’s pre-press department
Who is publishing them?
What are they publishing?
Below are just a few examples of what markets are doing with Tributes special sections. Click on the images below to view their latest tributes section
How are they doing?
Of the very positive feedback we’ve received from our local markets on all our product improvements, AdPortal Obituaries ranks “most popular” thing we’ve done with Funeral Homes and The Tributes Section is most popular with our readers. When the Tributes sections comes out, it is amazing how much feedback we get from the local market.
We have a good relationship with iPublish which gave us a comfort level in their ability to support the launch of Tributes in our markets.
Hi, I REALLY like the magazine obits in Sunday’s paper. I hope you keep doing this every three months. I missed some obits and I was happy to see them so I could send my regards to the families. Thank you.
The Tributes product was well received by funeral directors and families. I didn’t have to be an iPublish Media customer to activate Tributes; I just called my Legacy representative.
Tributes memorial sections are highly profitable with margins as high as 80%. No marketing, sales or up font development costs, paper cost and fee to iPublish are the only costs.
There was no development on our part and the only expenses we incurred other than newsprint was a wholesale fee associated with each Tribute.
Webinar: Two Ways to Grow Obituary Revenues
Discover the top new strategies driving obituaries revenue increases
Vice President of Sales
iPublish Media Solutions
BH Media Group
Director of Online Verticals
- How Gatehouse generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in new revenue from obituary print special sections in just five markets – Presented by Bob Birkentall, Director of Online Verticals
- Why BH Media is projecting significant increases in new obits revenue – Presented by Terry Hall, Digital Director
- How automated self-serve ordering and pagination work to eliminate production costs
- Best new products for up selling with automated options